Getting Cheap Car Insurance Quotes
If you’re tired of paying high premiums on your students’ car insurance, or if you’re the student yourself, the following tips are the best tips to help you get cheap car insurance quotes. Remember these tips as they are helpful in finding the best car insurance at a worthy price.
1. Insurance premium rates are affected by the type of car driven by the student. Four door sedans are much cheaper to insure than two door cars.
The difference amounts to between $20 and $40 on a six month insurance premium. It becomes more expensive when the student driver is classified under high risk. You’ll pay about ten percent more on students’ car insurance if you drive a four wheel drive pickup rather than a standard model.
You can save a lot if you drive a minivan or a four door sedan. If you have an older car with little replacement value it can result in big insurance savings because the physical damage coverage for the car is optional. The exception to this is if you bought the car with a loan. If you buy this type of car, make sure that it’s in top condition or any insurance savings may be offset by higher auto maintenance costs.
2. Have a driver’s education course. Most of the auto insurance companies will give an added discount usually about five percent to students who have taken a driver’s education class or course. The companies allow the students to keep the discount till the reach the age of twenty-five. A private driver’s education course is preferred since less schools offer these classes. These can cost anywhere from $150 to $400.
3. Most of the auto insurance companies offer a good student discount. They believe that students who perform well in school are least likely to get involved in an accident. You can save as much as twenty percent of your premium. Students should have a GPA of 3.0 or more and take a full load of courses.
4. When college students drive to school, they can also save loads in different ways. Car insurance premiums are priced according to what is called a risk profile of the geographic area where the car will be driven. If your college location is better, your insurance agent can let your car be considered “garaged”.
5. Make sure to pick the right deductible. For a low deductible, monthly premiums are high. Get the policy with the highest deducible but still fits your budget to avoid paying too much.
The five tips on student’s car insurance can help you find the best car insurance.
Need to know regarding automobile insurance? Much better check out online auto insurance.