5 Ways To Get Lower Rates For Muscle Car Insurance
The amount of dedication towards restoring your classic favorite muscle car means that you want to protect it to the best of your ability. If you value your muscle car as a treasure, regular insurance policies won’t take into account of the extra time and money you have invested into your car. To truly protect a muscle car, you want to look into muscle car insurance. Here are some tips to get the lowest rates and best protection for your muscle car.
* Do your homework before looking for insurance for your muscle car. Make sure you know the actual value of the vehicle first. You can do this by taking your muscle car to a specialty appraiser and obtaining a written copy of the car’s value. Make sure that you get an extra copy to submit to your insurance company as well, so that both you and they are in agreement as to how much your car is worth.
* Know the amount of time you actually spend driving the car. Some muscle car policies only cover the car while it is being exhibited; for example, in parades, and car shows, but offer much worse coverage if you are simply taking your muscle car out for a spin. Since most people refurbish muscle cars in order to drive them and show them off, you may want to look into a policy that will allow you to do so.
* Document your car’s exterior carefully. Take photos that show the entire car in some detail before you seek out any insurance policies. Sometimes the condition of the car can factor into how much your muscle car insurance will cost, and this will also help provide documentation of how your car looked if you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident.
* Take photos of the area where you park your car. This may seem unimportant, but the quality of your neighborhood and how well you protect your muscle car can play a large role in how much your policy could cost you, particularly if you live in an area where muscle cars are prone to vehicle theft. Additionally, storing your muscle car under a roof is usually a good idea, since less expensive policies are usually available to those muscle car owners that keep their vehicles out of the way of harm from rain, hail, snow, and other inclement weather.
* You can also search online to shop for the best car insurance rates for your muscle car. Sometimes the best deals that you can find on comprehensive muscle car insurance policies are only available online, as special offers to first time customers. Muscle car insurance is never cheap, since it is meant to protect cars that are often made one-of-a-kind by their owners, but you can always find competitive deals.
Auto insurance costs are predicted to go up again for the upcoming year. Do a bit of shopping on the web to do a comparison of rates for auto insurance coverage in Ontario.