This video is one that I sent to Drak (NCHiker1970) to show him how I’ve been using a Brita filter to sweeten the water I’ve treated with Clorox or the remove the “flat” taste you get from boiling water on the trail. This filter will NOT remove harmful bacteria and/or viruses. The water needs to be treated before running it through a filter like this. Although this filter might not be good for a Gram-weenie I think it is something fairly cheap (should be under ), pretty hardy and can be easily made by just about anyone. Parts needed to make this: 2″ O-ring 2″ PVC Coupler 2″ PVC pipe 4 or 5 inches long or longer (your choice) 2″ PVC pipe 3/8″ long Weight of this rig (with new dry Brita filter): 265g or 9.30 oz or .584 lb Like I said, not a Gram-weenie item. I look forward to hearing what others think of this. Be sure to check Drak’s video on his filter. Being a coffee drinker he came up with an even cheaper and lighter way to do the same thing.
Other articles you might like:
- SOLAR DISTILLED WATER FRESNEL LENS WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM CLEAN DRINKING WATER Solar Distiller.
- How do you filter water that has water softener in it for drinking?
- Carbon Block Drinking Water Filter Comparison Free Interesting Fact
- Homemade Water Filter Setup
- What home water filter system is the best for removing chlorine and flouride?